• A bluegrass concerto is being developed for violinist Tessa Lark, premiere and recording: January 2019 with the Albany Symphony Orchestra, David Alan Miller, conducting. A consortium of orchestras is currently being assembled to help support the project.
• Sylvan, commissioned and premiered on July 9, 2017 by the Lake Placid Sinfonietta, Ron Spigelman conducting, was written to celebrate their 100 year anniversary. It received a second performance with the Las Vegas Philharmonic, Donato Cabrera, conducting, on February 10, 2018
• Charles and Candace Wait supported a Saratoga Performing Arts Center 50th anniversary commission, Unconquered, which was premiered August 5, 2016 by Stéphane Denève and the Philadelphia Orchestra. Commercial recording November 6, 2017 at Verizon Hall in Philadelphia, with Cristian Măcelaru conducting. Projected release, spring 2018.
• Music at Night, for SATB chorus and orchestra, uses the "music of the spheres" text from Act V of Shakespeare's The Merchant Of Venice. This piece was commissioned by the Sheboygan Symphony to celebrate their 100th anniversary, with a projected premiere, May, 2019.
• West, South, and East, concertos for bassoon, oboe, and clarinet, were premiered and recorded March 4-6, 2017 with the Albany Symphony Orchestra, David Alan Miller, conducting. These concertos will be released on Albany Records, paired with the Tessa Lark violin concerto.
• Violinist Tessa Lark, along with pianist Roman Rabinovich, premiered Carnegie Hall commission, Spoon Bread, on February 2, 2017, at Carnegie Recital Hall. They went into the studio to record this piece May, 2017.
• Frank Oteri interviews Michael Torke for NewMusicBox, November 2016.
• Three Manhattan Bridges, which was released September 2016 on Albany Records, contains the piano concerto, Three Manhattan Bridges, with soloist Joyce Yang, and the cello concerto, Winter's Tale, with soloist Julie Albers, David Alan Miller conducting the Albany Symphony Orchestra. On April 11, 2018, at the 2018 Shift Festival at the Kennedy Center, Joyce Yang and the Albany Symphony will give a repeat performance.
• concerto for orchestra, the most recent release on Ecstatic Records, came out August 2015. The album contains Concerto for Orchestra, Oracle, Bliss, and Iphigenia.